Student Government AssociationBecome a leader! Make a difference at St. Catharine College.
SGA is an active student organization working on behalf of all SCC students! Its meetings, activities, and events are open to all students. Find out about the weekly SGA meeting by calling or dropping by the office . . . or checking the Inside SCC newsletter posted around campus and available online. Get involved, let your voice be heard, make a positive contribution to your campus!The purpose of the Student Government Association (SGA) is to enhance the quality of campus life for all SCC students and to promote responsibility among students by providing a means for students to participate in the governance of the College. Student Senate achieves this purpose by providing a forum for student issues and concerns; problem-solving to generate potential solutions; serving as the official student voice to the faculty, administration, and trustees of the College; and sponsoring or co-sponsoring student activities, innovative ideas, and progressive projects to serve students and enhance spirit, loyalty, and cooperation among all the segments of the college community. [click here to download a copy of the full SGA Constitution]
Officers for 2012-13
- Starr Roberts, President
- Kaitlyn Smith, Vice President
- Kelbie Spencer, Secretary
- Shauna Stone, Treasurer
Office Location: 103 Hamilton Health & Sciences Building
Office Phone: 859-336-5082 x1395
Advisor: Ticha Chikuni, Dean of Students, Lourdes #2, x1257SGA Events and Activities
- Coffeehouses--monthly entertainment free to students in a casual atmosphere. Come down to the Student Center on a "coffeehouse" night and you'll find a large number of students enjoying an acoustic guitarist, comedian, band, games night, or even karaoke by SCC students! There is always free refreshments--from a nacho bar to king cake, depending on the occasion--and sometimes even coffee!
- Patriot Craze Week--SGA is a primary coordinator and sponsor of this "homecoming-style" week of activities in the early Spring semester; traditional events include the Crazy Extreme Patriot Carnival (sponsored by the Student Activities Board) and the crowning of Mr. and Miss St. Catharine College
- Patriot Gold Gala--a semi-formal dinner/dance that has become a highly anticipated spring tradition
- Other special events--some events change yearly and have included the NAIA Kickoff Party, Banner Raising Bash, and a Night in Vegas casino party!
SGA also sponsors community service and other campus events such as: pull-tab collection for Ronald McDonald House, stuffed animal collection for Kosair Bears on Patrol, a parking forum, the Clothesline Project to raise awareness of violence against women, and more.
SGA supports campus wide events such as Stewardship Week and provides funding for student club and organization initiatives such as Drama Club productions, Campus Ministry events, and others.