Residence HallsWhat’s on the inside matters
St. Catharine College offers on campus living opportunities that will help you develop not only as a student, but as a whole person. You will make new friendships, learn to live in a community setting, and grow in maturity and responsibility.
We currently have four residence halls; Dominic, Althaire, Bertrand, and Siena. Fall 2010 will mark the opening of our newest residence facility—Aquinas Apartments.
As a resident student, you will have 24 hour access to our Student Center, a hub of student activity that can be used for study, relaxation, or informal leisure activities with friends. Some of the amenities available include:
- ping-pong, pool, air hockey, and card tables
- cable television and wide screen TV,
- video gaming center,
- corn hole sets,
- computers and printer (students provide their own printer paper)
Residents also have access to laundry facilities 24 hours a day. Dominic, Althaire, Siena, and Aquinas offer handicap accessible rooms.
St. Catharine College places a high priority on keeping its students safe. Residence hall doors are locked at all times and entrances to the building are equipped with electronic locking systems that allow access only with electronic keys called “fobs.” This allows students entrance into the lobby areas and onto the floor on which they reside. The Siena Hall lobby front desk is staffed during visitation hours, which are Sunday-Thursday 11 a.m.-12 a.m., and Friday-Saturday 11 a.m.-2 a.m.
Campus Security officers make regular rounds in and around the residence halls and are available to resident students 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The phone number for Campus Security is printed on each student’s college ID card for ease of access. It is 859-805-1317. To further assure the safety and well being of resident students, professional Residence Life staff members share a daily and weekend duty rotation. This provides resident students access to a staff member at all times. The cell phone number for the staff member on duty is (859) 481-1145.
If you want to become a member of our residential community, please fill out the Housing Application and return it to Residence Life Office as soon as possible. Preference in placement and room assignment will be given to students who turn in their forms before the deadline listed on the application.
Below is a checklist of items resident students may want to bring with them to their residence hall room. There is also a listing of items that are not allowed in St. Catharine College residence facilities.
Residence Hall Checklist
- Two sets of bed linens (standard size twin sheets)
- Comforter and/or blanket
- Bedside Lamp
- Alarm Clock
- Cable ready television
- T.V. Stand
- Cell phone
- Small personal refrigerator and microwave
- Bookshelf stereo with headphones
- Personal computer (network ready; network cable needed)
- Plastic bins that fit under bed
- Laundry basket
- Small oscillating fan
- Fish Aquarium (maximum size ten gallons)
- Rugs and/or carpet
- Coffee pot
- Popcorn popper
- Extension cords and surge protectors (will be monitored to prevent fire hazards)
- Broom and dust pan (or small vacuum cleaner)
- Cleaning supplies
- Towels and washcloths
- Toilet paper and supplies
- Personal toiletries
* When you receive your room assignment, we suggest you contact roommate to discuss your room setup and supplies.
Items Prohibited in the Residence Halls
This list is not comprehensive. The Residence Life staff reserves the right to confiscate any item(s) or materials deemed unsafe.
- Toaster ovens
- Halogen lamps
- Pets (other than fish)
- Alcohol, empty alcohol bottles of any kind, alcohol promotional items (posters, neons, etc.)
- Firearms (Including plastic shooting pellet guns)
- Large knives or swords
- Tobacco products of any kind
- Open coil cooking equipment of any kind
- Road signs
Note: Due to the advanced notification, items on this list will be confiscated by the Residence Life staff, Buildings and Grounds staff, and/or Security and may not be returned at the end of the semester/year.