Representing the interests of all residents
The Residence Hall Council is a unique opportunity for all residential students to come together to voice their concerns and to make change within their living environment. The Residence Hall Council also provides the residence with programming for the residential students for both entertainment and educational purposes.
One of the most challenging and memorable experiences you will have during college is living and interacting with others in the residence hall. Your involvement, ideas, diversity, and knowledge are crucial to your total educational experience. Have a positive impact, and get involved with Residence Hall Council!
All residents are members of the Residence Hall Council. Let your voice be heard!
1. Call, prepare agendas and conduct all Executive and General Council meetings.
2. Participate in a bi-weekly one-on-one meeting with RHC Advisor.
3. Work with the RHC Advisor to prepare and monitor the RHC budget for events
4. Draft and submit proposals to attempt to enact changes on campus.
5. Maintain and enforce the RHC constitution/rules in conjunction with the advisors of RHC
1. Coordinate and address all issues presented to RHC
2. Write and distribute press releases
3. Assume the responsibilities of the RHC President in the President’s absence.
4. Participate in drafting of proposals and the RHC bi-weekly agenda.
Secretary/Public Relations Officer
1. Record minutes at the regular meetings
2. Distribute the minutes after the meeting via email
3. Handle the Public Relations for events and meetings (e.g., flyers, emails)\
1. Maintain the budget
2. Request funds from the advisor
3. Process financial paperwork in coordination with the advisor
1. Liaison for the community of students they represent
2. Serve as a voting representative
3. Attend meetings and assist with RHC events as needed.
The advisor to the Residence Hall Council is Stephanie Pollitt Assistant Director of Residence Life. Contact the Office of Residence Life to get involved with RHC!