Order Credentials from Parchment

Saint Catharine College Clock Tower photo

Financial Aid FAQ's

1.  How do I apply for financial aid?

The first step is to fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (www.fafsa.ed.gov).  Our financial aid office will then follow up with you as soon as your application is received by the school.

2.  Do I have to reapply for financial aid every year?

Yes, it is required that you apply for financial aid every year.  If your financial circumstances change, you may get more or less financial aid.  After your first year you will need to submit a “Renewal Application” at www.fafsa.ed.gov.  Note that your eligibility for financial aid may change significantly, especially if you have a different number of family members in college.  Kentucky’s priority deadline for the FAFSA application is March 15th.

3.  What is St. Catharine College Financial Aid school code?


4.  What kind of financial aid is offered at St. Catharine College?

St. Catharine College offers grants, scholarships, work study (student employment), and Federal Stafford Student Loans.  Each program requires specific eligibility and application procedures.  It is your responsibility to know and understand these requirements.

No matter what financial aid program you are applying for, all programs require students meet the SCC’s “Financial Aid Satisfactory Academic Progress Standards” to maintain financial aid eligibility.

5.  I received an outside scholarship, should I report it to the financial aid office?

Yes.  If you are receiving any kind of financial aid from university or government sources, you must report the scholarship to the financial aid office.

6.  How is my eligibility determined?

Financial aid is awarded on the basis of financial need.  Financial need is the difference between what it costs to attend school and the amount you and your family can afford to pay, as determined by a standard Department of Education formula.  The amount is called the Expected Family Contribution.

7.  What happens if I withdraw from all my classes?

First and foremost, withdrawing from all of your classes may result in you owing a portion of your financial aid back to the Department of Education and/or SCC.  In addition to having to repay your financial aid, you may also have to repay your tuition, fees, and other charges previously paid by your financial aid.  Please consult with a Financial Aid Officer before you drop all of your classes.

8.  How do I apply for a Federal Work Study position?

You will need to complete a job application and make sure the Financial Aid Office has your completed FAFSA on file.

9.  Where is the financial aid office located?

It is located in the Hillary J. Boone Administration Building.  Office hours are 8-5 Monday – Friday.  Registration hours are 8:30am-11:30am and 1:00pm-4:00 pm Monday – Friday.