HOSA Patriot Challenge Skills Competition Guidelines and Registration Form
Event Rules and Procedures
Eligibility and ParticipationBased on the time available, the competitive event number of students has been limited in order to provide time for judge's feedback and instruction.
- Unless otherwise stated, there is a limit of two teams or two students per chapter for each competitive event.
- Students may participate in one individual event and/or one teamwork event.
- All students must participate in at least one event
- Indicate on registration form chosen event.
- Registration Deadline November 9, 2012
Guidelines for CompetitionsFor the following refer to Handbook B at www.hosa.org for guidelines that you must follow for the HOSA Patriot Challenge, as well as at the State Conference in March.
- Guidelines for each competition
- Materials the competitors are responsible for bringing
Dress Code (strictly enforced)
Consult HOSA guidelines. Dress includes professional dress appropriate for competitive event, or official HOSA attire. Students who are only taking the knowledge test should wear business or official HOSA attire. Anyone not complying with the dress code will not be able to compete.
- Nursing Assisting – Not Clinical Nursing
- Extemporaneous Writing
- CPR/First Aid (teamwork event)
- Career Health Display (teamwork event)
- Sports Medicine
- Medical Terminology
- Human Growth & Development
- Medical Math
ADVISORS PLEASE NOTE: Any written exams must be completed electroncially by each student through thier respective HOSA chapter's account via www.hosa.org The exams must be completed during the assigned window of time. The exams will be available in a window between November 19 through November 30.
Patriot Challenge Award
Students achieving 1st, 2nd or 3rd place in each of the different categories will receive a scholarship award for St. Catharine College upon acceptance to the college. Awards include:
1st Place $1000.00
2nd Place $500.00
3rd Place $250.00
HOSA State Conference Award
Students achieving 1st, 2nd or 3rd place in the HOSA STATE CONFERENCE, are eligible (in the same category) to win the following awards if placing 1st, 2nd, or 3rd during the 2012 HOSA STATE CONFERENCE upon acceptance to St. Catharine College.
1st Place $1500.00
2nd Place $1000.00
3rd Place $750.00